- If you have a baby, make sure there's a fresh diaper on and a clean face so he can pick the little one up with pure pleasure.
- Have older children put toys away and wash hands and, like the rule states, change clothes if needed. This will teach good manners and organization!
- If you have no children but instead pets, crate your dog (if trained) or put up a baby gate to isolate them, for a moment, to a bedroom, bathroom, den, etc. Once "daddy" is in comfortable clothes, let "Fluffy" loose.
- Make sure all pet fur has been cleaned from the sofa, in case he wants to sit for a bit before changing. I suggest cleaning it earlier then placing a blanket over it. Remove blanket before he comes home.
- If there's a friend of your child's spending the night just let them know, nicely, how your household works and that your husband has worked hard all day. If they want to play and be loud then just have them go to your child's bedroom. Break a rule and let them eat dinner in there too if it'll help with any loud noise and laughter.
Hopefully this has continued to help you be the best 1950's wife you can be in a modern day world. Remember you get what you give.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28