Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Guide Rule #4





Prepare the children:

Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces, comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.


Now, I don't have children so I couldn't give any personal expertise on how I do this but I was once a child. I remember growing up that we did this in a way. There was a free time of play and then a clean up time before dinner when the house was going to start settling down.
Most children, especially younger ones, run to the door when their mom or dad come home. If there is warmth, love, nurturing, appreciation and respect in and around the home, why would they not be excited to greet the one that provides all this wonderfulness. Now my dad was mostly a hard labor working man and he would clean up before hugging us because he was dirty and smelly, so what if the tables where turned? What if my dad was a business man that wore a nicely pressed shirt and tie everyday to work. He wouldn't really be too excited about his children hugging and jumping all over him with sticky fingers, dirty clothes, finger paint covered hands or anything else.
Like I said, we don't have children, but we pets. Now, my husband is a pressed shirt and tie business man and even though he's excited to see me when he comes home I wont hug him when I'm preparing dinner if I have something on my hands. He wont let the dog jump up on him in his work clothes. He wont even let the cat sit on his lap while in work clothes cause of the fur they leave behind. It's not until he gets into his comfortable clothes that he's ok with the all animals on him.
Some ways that we can make this fit for our family is:
  1. If you have a baby, make sure there's a fresh diaper on and a clean face so he can pick the little one up with pure pleasure.
  2. Have older children put toys away and wash hands and, like the rule states, change clothes if needed. This will teach good manners and organization!
  3. If you have no children but instead pets, crate your dog (if trained) or put up a baby gate to isolate them, for a moment, to a bedroom, bathroom, den, etc. Once "daddy" is in comfortable clothes, let "Fluffy" loose.
  4. Make sure all pet fur has been cleaned from the sofa, in case he wants to sit for a bit before changing. I suggest cleaning it earlier then placing a blanket over it. Remove blanket before he comes home.
  5. If there's a friend of your child's spending the night just let them know, nicely, how your household works and that your husband has worked hard all day. If they want to play and be loud then just have them go to your child's bedroom. Break a rule and let them eat dinner in there too if it'll help with any loud noise and laughter.
Hopefully this has continued to help you be the best 1950's wife you can be in a modern day world. Remember you get what you give.


Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28

8 comments:

  1. This is surely a best content that I have never seen anywhere. Cleaning Heroes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a classic awesome post, I am lucky that I visited this blog site, it gives supportive ideas. best carpet cleaners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sufficient knowledge you have given to us buddies, I am really so happy to see such awesome blog. www.wilmingtoncleancarpets.com

    ReplyDelete